Respect ancestor and harmony among clan family
as foundation of Jeonju Lee Royal Family Association.
we direct continued effort to protect and preserve tangible
and intangible cultural assets of Chosun Dynasty as well as to
succeed and prosper cultural heritage.
We have designed and built lasting customer experiences for amazing spaces. I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It’s easy. Just click “Edit Text” or double click me and you can start adding your own content and make changes to the font.
We suggest that you follow these steps to get the most of what this website offers.
1. Before anything, we suggest that you read “Korean Family Names” page. It will help you better understand the background history, thus expand your knowledge. In addition, visit “FAQ” page.
2. Visit “seonwon gaedo 선원계도 page and study the content carefully. After that, compare your immediate family record with ours, either written family record, if any, or census registration. If you have some family record readily available, verify its content with the information on this website.
3. Identify your branch, generation and the pre-selected names. This process will help you identify the generation to which you may belong. If you can trace the names of the preceding three generations (ex. your father, grandfather and great grandfather) and each generation was named in accordance with the pre- selected name assigned to each generation (each generation is to have its own unique name, either middle name or last name*), it is a good way to identify which branch and generation you are. Furthermore, if you can verify your branch, it will tell you which royal family line you came from.
4. After collecting enough information through the aforementioned suggestions, call Jeon Ju Lee General Council Main office 전주이씨 대동종약원or branch office and make some additional effort to ascertain your root.
5. Considering the fact that your parents have lived abroad, it is likely that your family record (one or two generations or in a series of generations) might have been missing in branch family record (족보). In this case, you should request that your family information be added in your branch family record.
6. For further questions, contact main or branch offices.
Notes: Pre-selected generation names can be either your middle name or last name (not family name) because your family name will never change. Example: If your Korean name is “Lee Seong Hoon 이승훈, Seong is your middle name and Hoon is your last name.